- Indoor Air Quality - What You Should Know
- About Mold / Mold Facts
- How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
- Is Ozone Safe?
- Are PCO Air Purifiers Better Than HEPA Filters?
- How the Air Oasis Air Purifier Air Cleaner Works
- Air Oasis UV AHPCO Lab Test Data
- Air Oasis Compared to the Ionic Breeze and Oreck
- Ultraviolet Air Purifiers
- Effects of Negative Ions
- Particles and their size in microns
- Why Negative Ions and Ozone
- Why Chlorine Bleach is Not Effective in Killing Mold
LakeAir Maxum Electronic Air Cleaner
The Maxum electronic air cleaner is ideal for office and large room use. They both remove allergens, bacteria, viruses, mold spores, any air airborne particulate such as, pollen, sawdust, soldering fumes, cooking smoke, dust mites, powder in dark rooms, nail polish lacquer, animal dander, hair, and most ideally tobacco smoke.
LakeAir Maxum Electronic Air Cleaner Portable Air Purifier
- Dimensions: 17" x 13" x 15"
- Airflow Rate: 210 cfm on low - 275 cfm on high
- Wattage: 102 watts
- Weight: 24 pounds
Electronic filter cell is up to 97% efficient on particulate as small as 0.01 microns in size (as in smoke) and can be washed and reused - no hard to find, expensive replacements!
The two speed fan provides 210 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of pure air on low speed and 275 cfm on high speed
The Maxum operates whisper quiet at only 38 decibels on low, 48 decibels on high.
The Maxum will clean a 20' x 20' room over 5 air changes per hour
Carbon afterfilter included removes odors from the purified air - lasts up to 12 mo.
- Units also available in 230V voltage applications. Call or Contact Us.
The Maxum has passed Underwriters Laboratories strict standards. The Maxum electronic air cleaner does not have ion blowers or ozone generators and does not emit any unsafe chemicals or cause molecular bonding of dirt to walls, furniture or floors.
Maxum combines super cleaning power with quiet efficient operation to clean larger home and office areas. Ideal for conference rooms, living and family rooms or wall mounted in small restaurant areas or other commercial applications. The Maxum is powerful enough to clean a 20' x 20' area 5 times per hour and is available in either finish shown above.
How It Works
Here's How An Electronic Air Cleaner Works... Standard media filters merely get in the way of larger particulate in the air while LakeAir electronic air cleaners attract and retain airborne particulate like a powerful magnet. As dirty air
- is drawn through the air cleaner, the larger particles are trapped by a prefilter screen
- Smaller particles pass through to the ionizing section of the electronic filter cell
- where they are given a positive electrical charge. The positively charged particles continue through to the negatively charged collecting section of the electronic filter cell
- where they are attracted and caught by the opposite charge in this section - just like a magnet attracts iron filings. The pollutants are held on the collecting section until they are washed away during the cleaning process.
- The air is then passed through an odor absorbing activated carbon, (sometimes referred to as charcoal) afterfilter
- freshening the purified air. Remove up to 99.97% of all airborne allergens and pollutants such as pollen, dust mites, bacteria, pet dander, mold spores, smoke, and even some viruses from the air you breathe. (See the Particle Size Chart for more information on the pollutants removed by a LakeAir air cleaner.)
Effectively remove tobacco smoke and other smoke particles from the air that you breathe. LakeAir Brand Air Cleaners filter dust and lint from the air and help reduce your household cleaning while protective valuable furnishings and costly electronic equipment such as computers, TVs, VCRs and stereos. Reduce household odors from cooking, pets, and other sources with carbon afterfilters included in all electronic units. With LakeAir, you reduce the cost of heating and ventilating systems by avoiding much of the cost of heating or cooling outside replacement air when exhausting air to remove particulate. With LakeAir, you clean and re-circulate your conditioned indoor air. LakeAir units just cost pennies a day to run.
LakeAir ELECTRONIC AIR CLEANERS 7 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY The complete LakeAir Electronic Air Cleaner is warranted by LakeAir International, Inc. to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase with an additional 6 years on the power supply for a total of 7 years for the power supply. LakeAir's liability is to be limited to repairing or replacing such products during the warranty at its option, providing the product is sent prepaid to LakeAir International, Inc., or an Authorized Service Center and is deemed to the satisfaction of LakeAir International, Inc. to be defective in any part or portion. This warranty is in lieu of any other warranty expressed or implied and of all other obligations or liabilities in connection with the sale of the described LakeAir Electronic Air Cleaner. In no case will any claim for consequential damages or labor expenses be allowed. This warranty does not apply to a LakeAir Electronic Air Cleaner or any part thereof which has not been operated in accordance with the operating instructions herein contained in this owner's manual; where components or other accessories not compatible with the LakeAir Electronic Air Cleaner have been used or attached to it; which has been subject to accident, unauthorized alteration, abuse, damage by flood, fire or acts of God. User's Responsibility Please note: Your warranty is subject to user responsibility. Some items and some conditions resulting from causes other than manufacturing defects are the responsibility of the user of the LakeAir Electronic Air Cleaner and are not covered by the warranty. These are: 1. To operate and maintain according to instructions. 2. Periodic checking and cleaning of unit. Failure to clean will void warranty. 3. Proper use of controls must be maintained or warranty will be voided. 4. Damage to unit from unsatisfactory operation because of blowing fuses, inadequate electrical service or operation on power supply other than that indicated on the unit rating plate, or incorrect electrical protection devices used. 5. Damage occurring during transportation or resulting from improper handling. 6. Damage due to accident or resulting from alteration or tampering. 7. Misapplication of product.