- Indoor Air Quality - What You Should Know
- About Mold / Mold Facts
- How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
- Is Ozone Safe?
- Are PCO Air Purifiers Better Than HEPA Filters?
- How the Air Oasis Air Purifier Air Cleaner Works
- Air Oasis UV AHPCO Lab Test Data
- Air Oasis Compared to the Ionic Breeze and Oreck
- Ultraviolet Air Purifiers
- Effects of Negative Ions
- Particles and their size in microns
- Why Negative Ions and Ozone
- Why Chlorine Bleach is Not Effective in Killing Mold
Surround Air S3500 HEPA UV Air Purifier
Surround Air S3500 HEPA, Carbon, Ionizer, TiO2, UV Air Purifier Cleaner
Cost effective Multi-Tech Air Purification Technology S3500, 6 leading air cleaning methods: Prefilter, washable 99.97% efficient HEPA filter for particles including dust and mold spores, Ultraviolet Light, Photocatalyst Oxidation TIO2, and a High-Density air ionizer for allergens, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and more. Large activated carbon filter for chemicals, gases, cigarette smoke, and odors. 210 cfm fan covers 600 sq. ft., 15.75 x 5.5 x 16.54, 11 pounds.
Add Additional Pre, HEPA, Carbon, TiO2, and UV Lamp for $46.00 and Save $40.00
Multi-Tech S3500 Specifications:
Voltage: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz
Power Consumption: 85 Watts (Highest Setting)
UV Wavelength: 254 nm (germicidal wavelength)
Air Volume: 3 speeds; 210cfm (Highest Setting)
HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99% at 0.3 microns
Dimensions (in): 15.75 x 5.5 x 16.54
Weight (lbs): 11
Applicable Area: Up to 600 sq. ft.
Washable HEPA filter does not require replacement. Other filters can be replaced, but are not required for continued operation. All filters are affordable and long lasting.
Super-Powerful Fan, 210 cfm to maximize air exchanges, increasing air-filtering capacity. The fan can also be set to a lower speed for ultra quiet operation. More powerful than other models costing more.
"An Air Purification Technology for Every Air Pollutant."
Using Multi-Tech Air Purification Technology
A unique combination of 6 leading air cleaning methods.
6 Leading Air Purification Technologies
* Pre-filter for larger particles
* 99.97% Efficient HEPA air purifier Filter for particles including dust and mold spores.
* Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases, cigarette smoke, and odors.
* Large Germicidal Ultra Violet, (UV) Light for destroying microbiological pollutants such as viruses, germs, bacteria and fungi (such as mold).
* TiO2 filter works with UV light to oxidize pollutants. How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
* High-Density Air Ionizer for allergens, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and more.
* Pre-Filter, HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter Cartridge, TiO2 filter, and UV Lamp Included
* Covers 600 sq ft each
* Free Shipping
* 3-Year Warranty
True, Permanent HEPA Filter for the most effective protection against dust & allergens. Recommended by Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Centers of Disease Control. Furthermore, the HEPA is washable, so it does not require replacement, substantially reducing replacement costs. Germicidal UV Lamp to destroy micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (such as mold toxins). Recommended by U.S. Centers of Disease Control. Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases odors and cigarette smoke. The most absorbent filter material known to man. Ionizer which disperses negative ions to seek out and remove particles & bacteria from the air. Proven by government studies to be effective, and to enhance performance of filters. Photocatalyst Oxidation Filter which effectively reduces chemicals, bacteria and odors. How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works Anti-Bacterial Pre-Filter for larger particles, lengthening the life of the other filters.
Other Important Benefits:
|Low Replacement Costs even when considering there are 6 purification stages, especially since the HEPA is a permanent, washable filter. If you choose to eliminate replacement costs, the S3500 will still operate with only the permanent HEPA and ionizer (the ionizer does not require replacement either).|
|Large Coverage Area as a result of the extremely powerful fan. Covers up to 600 square feet.|
|Extremely Powerful Fan (210 Cubic Feet per Minute - cfm). One of the most powerful fans available to maximize number of air exchanges, increasing air filtration capacity.|
|Extremely Quiet Operation ensuring peace and quiet while running, even with its powerful fan. Includes "Ultra-Quiet" fan setting for virtually silent operation.|
|Low Energy Usage despite the mighty power of the Multi-Tech S3500 (Just 85W power usage on high!). Includes the quiet "Low" fan setting for optimal energy savings.|
How It Works
How the S3500 HEPA Air Purifier Works
The Top 6 Air Purification Technologies - In One Unit.
1. Pre Filter. The air first enters pre filter, capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
2. High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The S3500 uses a permanent, washable HEPA, so it does not require replacement.
3. Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
4. Photocatalytic Oxidation Filter. This filter is coated with titanium dioxide, which produces highly reactive ions and electrons when combined with the UV light from the S3500's UV lamp. These highly reactive ions attach to chemical molecules, bacteria and odor-causing compounds, destroying them through oxidation. Independent tests by research scientists have proven photocatalytic oxidation to by highly effective. How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
5. Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mold) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
6. Safe and Effective Ionizer. Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the S3500's ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever. Effects of Negative Ions
S3500 LCD Panel with Advanced Graphics
Excellent Dust Removal and Much More
Like many expensive air purifiers, the Multi-Tech S3500 is highly efficient at removing dust particles, as a result of its 99% effective HEPA filter, and highly powerful fan. Unlike most air purifiers in this class, the S3500 also includes multiple other technologies to address all the other pollutants that are typically found indoors.
This combination of technologies results in several unexpected benefits, such as:
Destruction of Micro-Organisms. Very few air purifiers address the problem of micro-organisms. Airborne germs and viruses are commonly present in indoor environments, circulating sickness among occupants. Other micro-organisms can increase the risk of sickness, such as mycotoxins from indoor mold growth. Furthermore, dust is often loaded with bacteria. The S3500 includes a jumbo germicidal UV lamp for a larger dead zone for micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi. In addition, this germicidal lamps sterilizes particles trapped in the filters, which can otherwise reproduce and recirculate with other air purifiers. The S3500's photocatalytic filter also helps to neutralize micro-organisms, such as bacteria.
Removal of Chemicals, Fumes and Gases. Most air purifiers are equipped with a way to trap dust particles and other allergens. However, very few are able to take care of chemical fumes that are common in households today. Chemicals fumes are emitted by building materials, paint, carpet, and several other sources. Chemicals are also added to the environment frequently through the use of household cleaners. Activated carbon filtration is the most effective filter available at trapping chemicals. The S3500 also includes a photocataytic filter to add to its effectiveness against chemicals. How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
Odor Reduction. This is another area that air purifier makers often neglect. Your common dust removal filters will not reduce odors, a common indoor air quality problem. Activated carbon filters and photoycatalysis filters are effective against odors, which may be chronic (cigarette smoke or mold) or just a temporary problem (cooking) in your home or workplace.
Cigarette Smoke. If you have a smoker in your house or place of work, you need multiple technologies to cover all the pollutants associated with cigarette smoke. An ionizer will help to remove the smoke particles themselves, while the activated carbon filter and photoycatalytic filter will address the chemical pollutants and odors. How TiO2 UV Photocatalytic Oxidation Works
Ionizer Benefits. Not all high-end air purifiers include a built-in ionizer, but it is becoming more and more common, due to the clear benefits they offer. In a Journal of Hygiene study, negative ions (produced by an ionizer) were found to improve efficiency of filter units. Ozone-free ionizers (such as that found in the Multi-Tech S3500) do not present any potentially negative side effects at all. Plus, negative ions can remove airborne pollutants where they are floating, without requiring they pass through the air purifier. The S3500's powerful fan effectively circulates these air-cleaning negative ions throughout the area. Effects of Negative Ions
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day money-back guarantee (no restocking fees)
- Replacement Policy: 90-day replacement policy due to factory defect
Surround Air Warranty and Replacement Policy
What is covered: All parts defective in material and workmanship.
Exclusions: Regular replacement parts such as air filter cartridges and UV lamps; plastic clamps that hold in UV lamp.
What Surround Air will do: Repair or replace any defective parts.
What you must do:
Contact Peak Pure Air toll free at 866-253-1746 for a return authorization number, return and shipping instructions.
Factory-certified warranty service will only be available for XJ air purifiers purchased through Authorized Surround Air Dealers. Surround Air is now the exclusive source for the XJ's in North America, and Surround Air and its authorized warranty centers will be the only places able to obtain replacement parts. In which case, look for the "Surround Air Authorized Distributor" logo before buying your XJ unit.
The provisions of this warranty are in lieu of any other written warranty, whether express or implied, written or oral, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The manufacturer's maximum liability shall not exceed the actual purchase price paid by you for the product. In no event shall the manufacturer be liable for special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages. This warranty does not cover a defect that resulted from improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, accident, improper packing, or unauthorized tampering, alteration, or modification as determined solely by us. This warranty is void if the label bearing the serial number has been removed or defaced.
90-Day Replacement Policy
If product malfunctions within the first 30 days of purchase, Surround Air will pay to have the defective unit shipped to them in Utah and also pay for the replacement to be sent. If product malfunctions within 31-90 days of purchase, customer pays to ship defective unit to Surround Air and Surround Air pays to ship customer a replacement.
Three year full warranty for the XJ-3000C, XJ-2100UV, and Intelli-Pro; and one year full warranty for the XJ-800. If product malfunctions beyond 90 days of purchase and within the warranty period, customer pays to ship the defective unit for warranty service to Surround Air. Surround Air will try to fix the unit and if it can't be fixed, will send the customer a replacement unit. Surround Air will pay for return shipping charges of repaired or replaced unit to customer.
For warranty work the customer should remove their filter and keep it as Surround Air will send a replacement unit without a filter as the original filter received is not defective. Customers returning units for refunds that have replaceable filters will be charged a 15% fee.
Contact Peak Pure Air for return and shipping instructions. You can call us at 866-253-1746.